httpd-users mailing list archives

From Qingshan Xie <>
Subject [users@httpd] question about MaxSpareThreads?
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 01:16:08 GMT

   We have Apache-2.0.54 with worker MPM in Solaris 8,
the confgiuration part about worker.c is as below,

<IfModule worker.c>
ServerLimit          3
ThreadLimit          250
StartServers         1
MaxClients           750
MinSpareThreads      100
MaxSpareThreads      350
ThreadsPerChild      250
MaxRequestsPerChild  500000

Can the Apache experts tell me if this configuration
reasonable?  Welcome any comment and suggestions?

My main question is about the MaxSpareThreads.  If the
number of spare threads is over 350, will Apache
parent kill the spare child?  If the number of hits to
that  spare child is still below the limit of
MaxRequestsPerChild, will Apache parent still kill it?
If two children are running which one should be
killed?  Be honest, I am pretty confusion on this
part.  Please help.

Many Thanks In Advance.

Do You Yahoo!?

See <URL:> for more info.