httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Angus" <mdan...@psychtest.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] multiple vhosts on port 80 and port 443
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:59:17 GMT
Hi Gregor: I found I could make a configuration file that allowed any number of virtual hosts
on port 80 ... using 1 server instance

BUT I could only serve SSL for one host per instance of apache.

My solution (ugly as you say), was to set up another instance of apache for my SSL server
on port 443. I suppose if I needed another secure server, I would use another port and another
instance of apache, or I would put the server on port 443 on a different network node.

I'm working exclusively in windows 2000 which may make some difference. The Apache tray icon
keeps track of how many servers I have installed quite nicely.

Have a great day!

Bill Angus, MA
http://www.psychtest.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gregor Schneider
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:45 AM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] multiple vhosts on port 80 and port 443

  Joshua,

  I really do appreciate your effort in this list and your support, however:

  I've tried that, I read the docs you mentioned, I tried it also with NameVirtualHost*:80
and NameVirtualHost *:443, all to no avail.

  See, in the end I'm developing J2EE-wepapps, that's my job, but I'm far from being a server-admin,
and sometimes you have to see where your limits are - esp. when time is limited. If I ever
have time to drill down this (BIG GRIN), I'll be happy to do that, but I'm afraid it's gonna
cost me days, what I just can't afford. Therefore, I'm living with this really nasty solution,
however, I can live with that.

  Cheers

  Greg