httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Ackford" <chrisackf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] not uploading at full speed
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:22:06 GMT
if download across the network its well fast :(
----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:46 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] not uploading at full speed

Lots of reasons... very few would have anything to do with apache.

To determine if apache *is* responsible, add localhost to the list of
aliases and try downloading via localhost (obviously, you need to do
this on the server). If it's fast, it ain't apache.

Apache usually just hands the data on to TCP/IP to deliver and doesn't
care how fast it ships...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> chris

you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and
then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company
reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their
networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.