httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Feather" <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi-bin woes
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:30:32 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Slive" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] cgi-bin woes

> On 10/11/06, Thom Hehl <> wrote:
>> I checked the logs and there is literally nothing in them. I stopped
>> httpd, blew away everything in the logs directory, restarted httpd and
>> re-created the 404 and there is not a single file in the logs directory.
>> Nada!
> As Owen mentions, this is very suspicious.  It probably indicates that
> the http server that you are connecting to with your browser is not
> the same one that you are configuring.  Either you have more than one
> http server running on the machine, or the URL that you think maps to
> that machine really maps to another machine.
> Joshua.

Can you get a browser to display a html file at all such as index.html, will
your browser display any file at all hosted by the server basically?

What about permissions set for the Directory cgi-bin? not just its contents.

Is the servers httpd.conf file also referring to settings in other
configuration files elsewhere such as default_server.conf, I had trouble
with my cgi-bin and placing cgi-bin settings in this file solved it for me.

You say that you have deleted all log files.   I ask because I have been led
to believe that this is something that you shouldn't do because (I believe)
it stops Apache from functioning correctly. I may be completely wrong on
this one.

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest: