httpd-users mailing list archives

From Larry <r...@lmr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] testing server
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:06:36 GMT
Apache 2.0.47, PHP 4.3.4, MySQL 4 something.  All installed on Win XP
Pro SP2, 2 gig mem.

I am trying to setup a testing server for Dreamweaver 8.  Most of my
work is in subdirectories of C:\Websites, for example
C:\Websites\AgendaTest.  I would like to use Apache with PHP as a
testing server.  I am getting confused between Virtual Hosts and
Aliases.  I thought that adding the lines:

127.0.0.1  Localhost
127.0.0.1  Websites
127.0.0.1  AgendaTest

to Hosts in \Windows\System32\Drivers\etc in combination with virtual
hosts in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf would
do it, but I guess not.

In httpd.conf I set up (at various places)
Servername localhost:80
DocumentRoot "C:/Websites"
<Directory "C:/Websites">
Alias /websites "C:/Websites/"
<Directory "C:/Websites">
	Options Indexes MultiViews
	AllowOverride None
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>
Alias /AgendaTest/ "C:/Websites/AgendaTest/"
<Directory "C:/Websites/AgendaTest">
	Options Indexes MultiViews
	AllowOverride None
	Order allow,deny