httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jalil Feghhi" <jalil.feg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help debugging 500 Error
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:01:41 GMT
Owen,

What we are doing is we reverse proxy our requests for a /main/ in the URL
to one of our servers. Everything works so far except for this URL
(/main/FileStore.ashx/Attachment/13001=Blue%20hills.jpg ) which is just a
.jpg file. I don't know what is special about it! Same URLs without a %20
work fine!!

Here is what I have in httpd.conf in (do I need anything else?)

ErrorLog logs/error.log

LogLevel debug

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

LoadModule  proxy_module       modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule  proxy_http_module  modules/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule  headers_module     modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule  deflate_module     modules/mod_deflate.so

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On

ProxyPass /main/ http://sw55qaprimoa01/main/
ProxyPassReverse /main/ http://sw55qaprimoa01/main/

The rest is the default from the apache (2.0.59 - we have to use this
version) installation.

I cleared the log files and ran the test again and just tryied to get the
file that has the issue. Here is the only entry in access.log:

10.172.93.120 - - [15/Sep/2006:14:44:04 +0000] "GET
/main/FileStore.ashx/Attachment/13001=Blue%20hills.jpg HTTP/1.1" 500 628

And last entries from error.log:

[Fri Sep 15 14:43:08 2006] [debug] child.c(697): Child 5684: Worker thread
244 starting.
[Fri Sep 15 14:43:08 2006] [debug] child.c(697): Child 5684: Worker thread
245 starting.
[Fri Sep 15 14:43:08 2006] [debug] child.c(697): Child 5684: Worker thread
246 starting.
[Fri Sep 15 14:43:08 2006] [debug] child.c(697): Child 5684: Worker thread
247 starting.
[Fri Sep 15 14:43:08 2006] [debug] child.c(697): Child 5684: Worker thread
248 starting.
[Fri Sep 15 14:43:08 2006] [debug] child.c(697): Child 5684: Worker thread
249 starting.

As you see, there is nothing w/ the same timestamp and that is the end of
error.log. I don't know if logs are buffered but even if I do stop apache, I
don't see anything related to this request in error.log.

-Jalil