httpd-users mailing list archives

From Júlio Maranhão <ju...@ieav.cta.br>
Subject [users@httpd] Cascading Allow/Deny directives
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:05:06 GMT
I can't find in the manual if it is possible to cascade Allow/Deny directives.

I made some tests and I think it's not possible.

For instance:

<Directory "/">
     Options None
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

<Directory "/www">
     Options +Indexes
     Allow from example.com
</Directory>

In the above example the Options are cascaded but the Order/Allow/Deny from
"/" are not considered. Actually "/www" are accessed from all.

My idea is to restrict the access from all and allow per <Directory>. But I
have some domains that have access to many directories and probably I will
repeat them for every <Directory>. Is there another way?

Cheers

Júlio Maranhão