httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache utilzating Very High CPU
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:25:25 GMT
On 9/25/06, Srikanth S <srikanth.srinivasamurthy@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently using Apache version 1.3.28 on Solaris 8 Box with 2
> CPUs.  Recently, we conducted load test on our environment and we saw
> that Apache process is using very high CPU & eventually becoming
> bottleneck for high load.
>
> Currently, here are our parameters
>
> MaxClient 512
> Start Server 5
> MaxSpareServers 10
> MinSpareServers 5
> KeepAliveTimeOut 7
>
> Any help in this area is highly appriciated

Well, you could start by using a version of apache that has had active
development within the past 5 years or so.  2.2.3 comes to mind.

But in real world conditions, it is highly unusual for apache to be
cpu-constrained in any version.  For benchmarks, it all depends on how
you construct your tests.

Joshua.