httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Caching https pages in Apache ?
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:24:35 GMT
On 9/22/06, ABAPGUY <abapguy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> is there any point using mod_cache , mod_file_cache on an Apache 2 server
> that only serves https pages ?
> In other words can https pages be cache in Apache ?

It is my understanding that the encryption itself cannot be cached
because there is a unique encryption key for each client.  (Someone
please correct me if I'm wrong.)  But the cache can still help if you
have heavy-weight content generation, since it will cache a complete,
unencrypted copy of the page.  If you are just serving static files,
it probably won't do much good.

Joshua.