httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Confused by documentation install for Apache 2.2.3 on Windows
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:23:15 GMT
On 9/17/06, Steve Alpert <sralpert@charter.net> wrote:
> I installed from the msi file taking all the defaults but the document
> files have not been transformed.  For example, in manual, index.html is
> a text file with a bunch of URI refences.  index.html.en is sitting
> there with the content.  What am I missing?

The documentation is only viewable through the server, and only if you
configure the server to do it.  See the file
conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf for an example of how to setup the docs
to be viewed via your server.

But my recommendation would be to just delete the docs and download an
msi version, which is easier to browse on windows.

Joshua.