httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows max threads
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:36:09 GMT

> I am load testing apache 2.2.3 on windows XP.  If I attempt to open 64 or more sockets,
it stops serving for a time then recovers.  I know this is not that the OS is running out
of sockets etc because TAG.net handle 256 sockets simultaneously without any trouble.

You probably need to raise ThreadsPerChild:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#threadsperchild

Unlike the unix version, apache httpd for windows does not dynamically
adjust to load.  You need to specify in advance (using
ThreadsPerChild) how many clients will be served.

Joshua.