httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Next part of my HTPD.conf file.
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:57:15 GMT
On 9/6/06, Leon Sargent <leonsargent@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 2:34 PM, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > It looks to me that you are working off some lousy documentation
> > someplace.  Why not instead simply tell us what you want to do.
>

> All I want to do is not allow someone to type in my website
> lhsmarkets.com with a directory that does not have an index file so
> that they can preview change edit or delete files from the
> directory.  If it is not me looking at the directory structure via
> the web I don't want it to be anyone else who may bring down my
> server or corrupt it.

This is simple.  Just look through httpd.conf and all your .htaccess
files for all the Options directives, and make sure that none of them
contain "Indexes" as one of the Options.

> I have a URL SEO code implemented in my website and it says to put
> some code with the directory name into the .htaccess file so if not
> there where do I put it?  In the httpd.conf file?

Yes, in a <Directory> section corresponding to the location of the content.

> Security, my URL SEO to function and the Apple code from the htaccess
> file all put where they belong so they function.

This is too vague to answer.

> Leon
>
> I use Apache 1.3.3

I certainly hope you mean 1.3.33.