httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_mem_cache question...
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 02:24:14 GMT
On 9/1/06, apacheuser123@aim.com <apacheuser123@aim.com> wrote:

> Thanks Joshua for the quick reply. Guess this means using mod_mem_cache will
> not give me the best cache hit/miss ratio as compared to mod_disk_cache ?
>
>  Is the way I have configured apache wrong ? Is it possible to run only 1
> instance of httpd on a box to maximize the cache hit/miss ratio ? Would this
> approach cause other problems ? Is there any other MPM I should look at ?

Sure, you can set ThreadsPerChild equal to MaxClients (and
MaxSpareThreads equal to ThreadsPerChild and MinSpareThreads equal to
0).  This is how apache on windows works.  But it does not allow any
adjustment to load, nor does it allow the server to recover very
gracefully to faults in modules.

>  I will look into mod_disk_cache as well..but can you please help  me with
> the above questions...Thanks in advance...

mod_disk_cache is better tested, and probably more performant.  So I'd
just go with that unless you have a very specific reason not to.

Joshua.