httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Mabe" <davem...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Sometimes Ignoring MaxSpareServers, Running Out of Memory
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:08:47 GMT
I'm running Apache from the apache-perl Debian package out of stable.

Every so often (just infrequently enough to be very annoying), Apache will
all of the sudden ignore the MaxSpareServers and start up more and more
Apache child processes until it brings the server down.  During normal
operation, it works just fine.  But when it gets in this state, it brings
the server to its knees and I have to reboot.

I'm using this version of apache-perl: 1.3.33-6sarge1

Any ideas about how to troubleshoot and fix this problem?

--
Dave Mabe
See what stocks I'm trading: