httpd-users mailing list archives

From jekillen <jekil...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Two Nics, several ips aliased to each one
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:34:01 GMT

On Sep 26, 2006, at 11:34 PM, Boyle Owen wrote:

> [...]
Thanks for the reply, I can't use the private IP addresses in public
DNS records, I don't think, particularly when they reference the same
host.
So would I use. Seems to me I've seen a DNS setup called a split server
where one resolves internal addresses and the other resolvers external
addresses.
But etc/host would work on the internal network? This is somewhat
confusing to
me. Time to go back and study the networking stuff.
Jeff K.