httpd-users mailing list archives

From cristopher pierson ewing <cew...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make error with apache 2.2.3 --with-ssl
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:11:27 GMT
Sander,

I just managed to get the whole thing to make and make install without
error.  What changed?  I used fink to install the latest package available
for openssl on Mac that it had available, the one you cite below, 0.9.7i.
The one that was on this box originally was 0.9.6m.  The one I installed
today was 0.9.8(h?), the one that was released yesterday to fix security
issues.

Unfortunately, I never saved any of the old config.log files when I ran
make clean to try again, so I'm unable to go back and tell anyone what
happened there.  I suspect that the problem was that despite providing the
config flag --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl, the config program was somehow
still using the built-in version.  Perhaps there is an issue with that
config flag?  I've since found a number of notes on the apache mailing
list archives that reference this same type of problem, although most of
them seem to be related to building mod_ssl as a DSO.  They all had the
same error message that I had, although it didn't crop up until start-up.
And they all seem to make reference to trying to point apache config at a
new version of open-ssl via --with-ssl, and having that fail.

I'll try on Monday to install certs and see if I can actually run
https:// connections, but until then, things look good for now.

Cris

Cris Ewing
CME and Telehealth Web Services