httpd-users mailing list archives

From sureshkuma...@tcs.com
Subject [users@httpd] Apache API to read and write unicode characters.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:48:28 GMT
Subject:   Apache API to read and write unicode characters.

Right now, for UTF-8, I am using this API
long ap_get_client_block(request_rec *r, char *buffer, int bufsiz);
This returns the char array. This is sufficient for UTF-8.

Is there any API to return data unsigned short array instead of char
array. So that It will be useful to support UTF-16 as we are using IBM-ICU
for unicode support. In this, unsigned short is used for storing and
representing the characters.

We are working in solaris. Here unsigned short is 16 bit wide to represent
16 bit character sets.

Waiting for early reply.

Thanks and Regards
Sureshkumar Venkatachalam