httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] install
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:33:41 GMT

What this means is simply that there is already an application running
that has bound to port 80. You new apache needs this port so can't
start. This is probably a webserver - like your previous version of
apache? Having looked into your logfile, I see you're running linux, so
something like "netstat -a | grep '*.80'" should show you something
listening on port 80 and "ps -ef | grep httpd" will show if you have any
apache process running.

BTW, This is a completely different error to your first posting ("config
log tells me there are a number of fatal errors")...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> wrote:
>

> 	On Sep 14, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Carl Wenrich wrote:
>
> 	> I'm trying to install the latest version (from
> source) and the
> 	> config log tells me there are a number of fatal errors. The
> 	> config.log.tar.gz is attached. Please advise.
>
> 	configure: exit 0
>
> 	Not seeing any errors. Looks like the configure process went
> 	smoothly. What is the error output on the command line?
>
> 	Thanks,
>
> 	S.
>
> 	--
> 	sctemme@apache.org http://www.temme.net/sander/
> 	PGP FP: 51B4 8727 466A 0BC3 69F4 B7B8 B2BE BC40 1529 24AF

the sender's company.