httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Stephen \(ASPIRE\)" <steve.fos...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_jk help
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:54:56 GMT
Hi there,

How about this:  http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/howto/apache.html

This details mod_jk which is used to send requests for tomcat based on the request type. I
have used this before and it works a treat.

HTH

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: long [mailto:xiong900@yahoo.com]
Sent: 26 September 2006 05:52
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] mod_jk help

I'd looked and searched the internet and found nothing that tell me how to configure apache
to look for static files at its side and if it can't find them then forward requrests to tomcat.
 I was hoping if someone can help me.

I have a redhat linux box with apache2.0.x and tomcat 5.5 with jdk 4.1.x.  My mod_jk configurations
are working to a degree.  Apache is serving all static contents and tomcat is serving all
dynamic contents.  The problem is that if any of the static contents got put into tomcat,
they will not be found.  SInce tomcat can also serve static contents, I'll like apache to
forward the requests to tomcat as a kind of "failover" approach.  Clusting and load-balancing
is pretty much out of the picture.

Thanks in advance,
Long

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>
invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail.

Our e-mail domain has now changed from iraspire.com to hmrcaspire.com. Please update your
address books.