httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben <...@redsnapper.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd-2.2.3 / MySQL 5.0.24a - buildsteps and improved error reporting
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 18:45:20 GMT
Hi Vasily - you are lucky .. only one day wasted!!

I just saw your second mail ....

cd $HP_SRC/srclib/apr-util
./buildconf

You don't need to do configure or make here - as it is taken care of
later on by the big configure
The need to run buildconf is so that the configure file gets to
notice the mysql file you wgetted in from Nick's site.
-------------

>  DBD: No driver for mysql
I mentioned that error in an earlier mail -

"DBD: No driver for mysql"		Your mysql_client_r  is not linked properly!

ldd (apache install directory)/bin/httpd  | grep libmysqlclient_r

You should see
	        libmysqlclient_r.so.15 => /opt/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.
15 (0x40184000)

NOT
	        libmysqlclient_r.so.15 => missing

If you have aprutil as a separate library, go to your libaprutil dir
and try

  ldd (aprutil install directory)/lib/libaprutil-1.so | grep
libmysqlclient_r

Once you can see if mysql is being linked by this

cd $HP_SRC/srclib/apr-util
ldd .libs/libaprutil-1.so

-------

Well, I'm HOPING that sorts it out for you!!
	-b.

PS IIRC removing existing apr-util installs is pretty essential -
check /usr/local etc for possible previous installs...