httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben <...@redsnapper.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_dbd mod_authn_dbd mod_authz_dbd confusion
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:10:56 GMT
Ok well me and Rob Sterenborg  have had similar issues - with near-
mystical results - follow the earlier threads (Apache 2.2.3 and MySQL
5.0.24a) from thursday 7 Sept and  A NetHack-esque Journey of the
dark arts for DBD(mysql) under httpd-2.2.3 from 30 August for back
stuff about this.

The way in which authorisation is to be done from 223 is to use
mod_dbd to connect to mysql using the dbd mysql driver (hosted at
Nick Kew's site - which you probably have) - and then setting up the
conf files to suit.  I made an early attempt to document my steps at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200608.mbox/%
3c4CDFC4BE-DF11-41D1-A15C-DAA5C7078546@redsnapper.net%3e

My current view is that the transition from something like
mod_auth_mysql to mod_dbd / mysql is NOT smooth. It may be a good
idea to rollback to Apache 2.0 until the dust settles, but if you are
brave and have time then contributions would be welcomed by at least
one person on this board!

Both Rob and I have successfully implemented 223/5024a to use
mod_authz_dbd - but neither of us are sure how or why one compile
worked while another didn't.

Good luck!
	Ben