httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben <...@redsnapper.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 and MySQL 5.0.24a
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:35:44 GMT
Haha..
Yes. that is what happened with me - a rebuild and weirdness - the
thing works.
But I'm not happy. I want to know why it works. I am responsible for
a set of production servers, and I don't like the 'randomness'  -
it's far too much like dark magic.

I've been trying to get another set of amends (using a better
approach) to work - with no joy - (this time on a test server) I will
update when done.
Maybe Nick is pxssxd off with me for telling him that there is more
to the issue than just packaging, but some insight into what is going
on would be gratefully received.  I've already spent a great deal
more time on learning backend httpd / apr that I wished for. I'm not
a C programmer any more, and I don't want to have to learn "C' style
APIs very much...

Gr   [:-)

	Ben