httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Wilkerson" <r.d.wilker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite %{REQUEST_URI} Question
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:46:48 GMT
On 9/26/06, Bob Ionescu <bobsiegen@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Rob Wilkerson wrote:
> > RewriteRule ^/(.*) /landingpage.php?requesturi=%{REQUEST_URI}    [QSA,PT]
> >
> > This works fine except when I have a document (these documents are
> > uploaded by users so I have little control over them) called "My
> > Resume & Cover Letter.doc", for example.  The "&", having special
> > meaning in the query string, destroys the redirection capability.
> >
> > Is there any way around this?
>
> Yes,
> RewriteRule ^/  /landingpage.php [PT]
>
> and in /landingpage.php
>
> $requesturi=$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

Okay, that seems to work in PHP, but now I have to get it working in
ColdFusion (sort of a side project of the main project).  The problem
appears to be on their end and I've posted to their mailing list, but
I'd be interested in any thoughts this community may have as well:

ColdFusion does not appear to pass the REQUEST_URI variable in its CGI
scope as expected.  The value there appears to be the landing page URI
rather than the URI originally requested.

Are there any other server variables that might include this
information?  Has anyone ever run into this issue in a ColdFusion
environment before?

Thanks.