httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim McIntyre <t...@easystreet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] upgrade 1.2.9 -> 2.3
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:28:43 GMT
Hey all,

I've been tasked with upgrading our ancient (1.2.9) apache to 2.3.  I
have read and researched this a good bit but this is on our
production server so I need to be >>really<< sure.

On FreeBSD

./configure  --with-port=8080 --enable-mods-shared=most
make
make install

After doing that I will have apache 2.3 installed and ready to listen
on port 8080 and my 1.2.9 apache will run as always >>completely<<
untouched?  Then I'll be able to muck around with the config to get
everything working just right before swapping the ports for the final
launch?

If I understand correctly I don't even have to use the --prefix
option because I'm going from 1.x to 2.x... correct?

Do I end up with two separate APRs or does the existing one get
rebuilt and continue to work with the 1.2.9 install (assuming the
answer to my first question is yes)?

I presume that "--enable-mods-shared=most" will enable all modules,
as DSOs, except the developer ones... correct?

I will then be able to install any 3rd party mods using
apxs...correct?  Or does "--enable-mods-shared=most" include the
third party mods?

Thanks  in advance!
Tim

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind.
   - Dr. Seuss