httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carles Güell <carl...@guellconsulting.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_load_balance issue
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:10:17 GMT
You should take care that the time-out in your application server is the
same that you have in apache because if your backen server gives a time-out
to apache it wil give a 500 error to the client

Carles Güell

Güell Consulting

C/ La Remallaire 17 Despatx 6.

CP08302 Mataró

Tel.  93.798.40.44

Fax. 93.758.86.46

HYPERLINK "blocked::http://www.guellconsulting.com/"www.guellconsulting.com

   _____

De: Günther Mittermayer [mailto:guntherm2@gmail.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 14 de septiembre de 2006 16:58
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: [users@httpd] mod_load_balance issue

Hi all,

i have httpd working with mod_proxy and mod_load_balance, but my system is
very unstable. In the middle of my session I get some 500 Internal Server
Error messages.  If I comment out from my httpd.conf all application servers
but one, the problem goes away.

It seems to me that apache is not forwarding the requests to the same server
within the same session.
As far as I understand, this is what the "stickysession" parameter should
do...

Below is the part of my httpd.conf that matters, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Günther.

<Proxy balancer://portal>
BalancerMember HYPERLINK "http://server1/" \nhttp://server1:port
BalancerMember HYPERLINK "http://server2/" \nhttp://server2:port
BalancerMember HYPERLINK "http://server3/" \nhttp://server3:port
BalancerMember HYPERLINK "http://server4/" \nhttp://server4:port
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /logon  balancer://portal/logon lbmethod=bytraffic
stickysession=jsessionid nofailover=off
ProxyPassReverse /logon balancer://portal/logon