httpd-users mailing list archives

From "D. J. Waletzky" ...@mediachannel.org>
Subject [users@httpd] RPM upgrades from 2.0.54 to 2.0.59
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:33:18 GMT
Hi everyone-

I hope this is isn't too stupid a question, but is there any way I can
avoid recompiling PHP if I upgrade Apache from 2.0.54 to 2.0.59 with an
RPM package? I'm running a server on Fedora Core 3, and I'm really hoping
I can just rpm -i the new version of apache without having to reinstall
php.

The reason I need to do this (and maybe this is another problem entirely)
is because the server's traffic increased exponentially over the last few
days and it seems to be running out of memory every night, if my
/var/log/messages is to be believed. This is causing me to have to call
the hosting company and have the thing rebooted every morning. I'm setting
up a bunch more swap files, but does anyone have some better ideas than
upgrading to 2.0.59 (or even 2.2.3) and increasing swap space?

--
D. J. Waletzky
dj@mediachannel.org