httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Günther Mittermayer" <gunthe...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_load_balance issue
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:58:28 GMT
Hi all,

i have httpd working with mod_proxy and mod_load_balance, but my system is
very unstable. In the middle of my session I get some 500 Internal Server
Error messages.  If I comment out from my httpd.conf all application servers
but one, the problem goes away.

It seems to me that apache is not forwarding the requests to the same server
within the same session.
As far as I understand, this is what the "stickysession" parameter should
do...

Below is the part of my httpd.conf that matters, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Günther.

<Proxy balancer://portal>
BalancerMember http://server1:port <http://server1/>
BalancerMember http://server2:port <http://server2/>
BalancerMember http://server3:port <http://server3/>
BalancerMember http://server4:port <http://server4/>
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /logon  balancer://portal/logon lbmethod=bytraffic
stickysession=jsessionid nofailover=off
ProxyPassReverse /logon balancer://portal/logon