httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Toledo" <chris.tol...@webcollage.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Running Apache with DocumentRoot on a Mapped Drive
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:35:06 GMT
Is it possible to run Apache Win32 with a DocumentRoot pointing to a
network drive? The servers are on a Workgroup (one with data content and
the other running Apache) and I have setup identical users on both
systems with local admin rights. I have set the Apache service to use
this local user but the service fails to start. The drive is mapped and
I am able to run Apache from the console but it doesn't seem to want to
load using a mapped drive and my guess is that it's due to permissions
issue. I have read this works with servers in the same domain and was
wondering if this was possible with servers in a workgroup
(stand-alone). Thanx.

Christian Toledo
Web Administrator