httpd-users mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Caching https pages in Apache ?
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:10:39 GMT
Actually, my understanding is that mod_file_cache (unlike disk and mem)
caches the filehandle, not the content, and is specifically meant to
give an extra boost for serving static files that you know will be very
popular by not having to open() them each time they're served.  So it
may be what you want.  Since SSL happens at the protocol/connection
filter level, and mod_cache at the request/protocol level, there's no
reason it shouldn't.

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_file_cache.html

  Issac