httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gerwin van de Steeg <gerwin.van.de.st...@vadacom.co.nz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] testing server
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:50:15 GMT
Just for a thought, make the hosts file look something like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost websites agendatest

note the lowercase

and also for your apache config make sure you turn on Name based virtual
hosts and use lowercase hostnames.

read: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/name-based.html
for more info on setting up name based virtual hosts

Also, the order in which the hosts file gets used in windows
applications depends on the function to do DNS resolution (there are at
least 2 and they use a different order with regards to hosts file and
DNS lookups)

Finally, you probably won't need the following section in your config

Alias /AgendaTest/ "C:/Websites/AgendaTest/"

Gerwin van de Steeg
Engineer

Vadacom Ltd
W: www.vadacom.co.nz