httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen <stephe...@rogers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Can't Get .htaccess Include Path to Work - Help!
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:20:10 GMT
I am working on a home server but setting it up like my web host.

I am getting an error in a PHP script when it can't find the included
file because the path is the one specified in Apache's configuration and
not my .htaccess file. Can someone see what I am doing wrong?

Here is the PHP error:

*Warning*: require_once(Database/MySQL.php) [function.require-once
<http://www.stephenofroissytest.com/function.require-once>]: failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in
*/home/stephen/www/stephenofroissy.com/htdocs/work.php* on line *3*

*Fatal error*: require_once() [function.require
<http://www.stephenofroissytest.com/function.require>]: Failed opening
required 'Database/MySQL.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
*/home/stephen/www/stephenofroissy.com/htdocs/work.php* on line *3

*Here is the userdir.conf file. I am using an Ubuntu distribution based
on Debian.

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
#    UserDir public_html
     UserDir htdocs
        UserDir disabled root

# Original
#    <Directory /home/*/public_html>
# My replacement
    <Directory /home/stephen/www>
        AllowOverride All
        Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    </Directory>
</IfModule>

And here is my .htaccess file:

# Set the include path
php_value include_path
".:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/home/stephen/www/stephenofroissy.com/SPLIB/"

Thanks in advance!

Stephen