httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Fonseca - CGU <andre.f.olive...@cgu.gov.br>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite Engine not working
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:30:33 GMT
Hello,

I´m trying to get NTOP to work through an Apache Proxy, as described in
HOW-TO from http://linuxdotmy.multiply.com/notes/item/20

In my case, if a request comes to http://sagittarius/ntop/, I want to
proxy it to http://uranus:3000/

For this, I enabled mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http in httpd.conf. I also
added the line:

ProxyPass /ntop/ http://uranus:3000/

The proxying part is fine, but because NTOP uses absolute URLs, some
files don´t get proxied. The solution for this, as said in the how-to
mentioned earlier,
is to use the rewrite engine. So, for this, I added the following lines
on httpd.conf:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewrite_log
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} sagittarius/ntop
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/ntop
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/error
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://sagittarius/ntop/$1 [L,P]

According to the how-to, NTOP should work. Instead, it seems that the
rewrite rule doesn´t get applied, the rewrite_log file is empty and NTOP
doesn´t work
properly.

Any ideas?