httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows max threads
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:23:36 GMT
There's a quirk, when event #64 is triggered, it actually maps to the
same result code as 'timeout'.  Would call this a bug in the winnt mpm.

Alex Turner wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> Thanks for you thoughts - I would have said the same thing.  I forgot to mention that
the max threads per child is set sufficiently high (200) to run 64 threads already :-(  Plus,
having max threads per child would not explain why apache takes several second (over 30) to
recover and why no pages were served at all under that load.  It would appear than opening
64 sockets at once to Apache just 'over whelms it'.

> This issue is definitely more pernicious than just max threads :-((
>
> Thanks
>
> AJ
>

> Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
> www.deployview.com
> www.nerds-central.blogspot.com
> www.project-network.com

it stops serving for a time then recovers.  I know this is not that the OS is running out
of sockets etc because TAG.net handle 256 sockets simultaneously without any trouble.