httpd-users mailing list archives

From ABAPGUY <abap...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite : URL with special characters (= and ~) causing problems
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 03:00:28 GMT
Hi all ,
Reverse Proxying is working fine on our DMZ Apache
(2.0.59) for various URLs / internal sites including
those with a ! special character in them . However 1
internal site returns a long (50 character) string
with ! = ~ special characters and always gives a proxy
error .
I've tried escaping in the Rewite rule wth \=\~ with
no luck .
Is this the right approach to special characters?
The rewrite log seems to show the correct re-write
...is there a way to show a meaningful error in Apache
logs ?

P.S.
as soon as i work out how to respond to answers to my
posts I'll give some technical feedback to all the
good advice.

Regards
Daniel