httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject [users@httpd] (75)Value too large for defined data type
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:46:07 GMT
Apache/2.0.54 on Debian Stable.

The file is 2.3GB (2,398,513,344) so I assume that the file is just
too large for this build of Apache.

In the log file I get:

[Fri Sep 29 10:34:38 2006] [error] (75)Value too large for defined data type: access to /training/webcasts/webcast_data/161/webcast.mov
failed

But, there's a few odd things that happen I'm not clear on:

1) Google for that error message turns up hits for gzip, but I'm not
using mod_deflate or any other compression on this server so I'm
confused about that connection.

2) I'm getting a forbidden error -- seems like the wrong error code:

The error page is:

    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access
    /training/webcasts/webcast_data/161/webcast.mov on this server.

3) I also get this:

    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying
    to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yet, there's no message in the log about that, and I'm not using an
ErrorDocument 403 in the config, only a 502.

$ fgrep -i errordocument production/front_httpd.conf
    ErrorDocument 502  /static/Error_502.html

And, if I chmod foo.txt in the same directory and access it I get a normal
403 page.

BTW, the server is "AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 144"

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org