httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Albert Poon" <alb...@bigtearice.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache-worker bugged child, cannot close connection
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:51:45 GMT
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:38:17 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote
> On 9/27/06, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> > On 9/27/06, Albert Poon <albert@bigtearice.net> wrote:
> >
> > > However I am not familiar with gdb... thus I C&P the result here...
sorry if
> > > its too long...
> >
> > I'm not an expert in this either but...
> >
> > It looks like you are using the worker mpm, in which case the
> > instructions I referenced tell you to use "thread apply bt all"
> >
> > But that brings up another point.  You seem to be using the worker mpm
> > in conjuction with php.  Have you read all the warning about this?
> > Are you sure that all the libraries you are using are threadsafe?
> > Have you tried using the prefork mpm to see if the problem goes away?
>
> Oops... It's actually "thread apply all bt full", and it is in a
> different part of the instructions than what I referenced for you.
>
> Joshua.

I am sure PHP4 was compiled threadsafe, because I had to recompile it when I
switched from prefork to worker. I recompiled the PHP4 together with all
extensions too. I have to use worker mpm because the server has limited RAM...

Best Regards,

Albert Poon