httpd-users mailing list archives

From long <xiong...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_jk help
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 04:51:53 GMT
I'd looked and searched the internet and found nothing that tell me how to configure apache
to look for static files at its side and if it can't find them then forward requrests to tomcat.
 I was hoping if someone can help me.

  I have a redhat linux box with apache2.0.x and tomcat 5.5 with jdk 4.1.x.  My mod_jk configurations
are working to a degree.  Apache is serving all static contents and tomcat is serving all
dynamic contents.  The problem is that if any of the static contents got put into tomcat,
they will not be found.  SInce tomcat can also serve static contents, I'll like apache to
forward the requests to tomcat as a kind of "failover" approach.  Clusting and load-balancing
is pretty much out of the picture.

  Thanks in advance,
  Long