httpd-users mailing list archives

From Charles Michener <micheck...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] More about "Setting up my own Apache Web Server"
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:36:04 GMT
You could give people your IP # and they could go straight to you or if you want to use www.mydomainname.com
..., you need to be listed in a DNS (domain name server) - it translates www.mydomain... into
your IP# - I use DNSMadeEasy for mine - no problems and their fairly inexpensive.

Dan Ă–stberg <dan@elvberg.com> wrote: Earlier today I wrote
"My OS is Fedora Core 5 with Apache 2.2.2 64-bit architecture. I have an
an Internet connection with a static IP address (in fact I can use up to
16 static addresses). As a first step I want to set up a public website
based on static ('dead') HTLM pages (later on dynamic pages). Anybody
know about a good HowTo or a tutorial/book applicable for my
environment?"
I've come so far that I get my own index.html on http://localhost.
However, outside my little world, i.e. all of you within the www, I'm
not seen...
How do I enable access for all of you to visit my site?
/dan