httpd-users mailing list archives

From Leo Liu <kkl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Running DLL Object in HTML page
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:24:00 GMT
Hi,

  Hmmm I think some of the example I saw on the net not require and activeX wrap. I will show
you the link. Any idea how to run that?

  http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsIeSourcing.aspx

  What I wish to do is something like this. And I realized it need not wrap activeX.

K Anand <kanand@sail-steel.com> wrote:

> [...]

It is a very simple button >only .and there's no breaches to security. I can
run it correctly when I try to run it on Visual Studio. But when >I embed it
in HTML page and host it on my apache server, the dll is not running. I
believe I need to change >some settings on httpd.conf to make the program
able to run. Any suggestions?

>Leo

I'm assuming that you want to run the DLL on the client machine. If that be
the case, you can't do it directly. I wanted to do the same thing..I had to
write an ActiveX control to wrap on the DLL and then i was able to make it
run.

Anand

Reality starts with Dream