httpd-users mailing list archives

From Markus Mayer <mymailli...@gmx.at>
Subject [users@httpd] Limiting users possibilities in .htaccess files
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:27:50 GMT
Hi all,

I have some users on my server who insist on writing .htaccess files and
defining proxies in them.  This is something I don't like or want, they also
run against our firewall which causes some security related messages to be
generated.  I have tried different restrictions with AllowOverride however
all I did was kill off other important functionality.  Is there some way I
can restrict users so that when they define a proxy in a .htaccess file the
server returns some kind of error to the user?  In otherwords, when a user
does something like
RewriteRule ^something/(.*)$ http://someserver.com/something/$1 [L,P]
I want an error message to be returned, something like the standard "Internal
Server Error" message is perfectly ok.

I will appreciate all help!
Markus