httpd-users mailing list archives

From Santi Saez <sa...@hostalia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] host: isc_socket_create: not enough free resources
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:06:43 GMT
Hello :-)

I'm getting this error in a server with Fedora Core 3 running Apache
1.3.37:

(..)
host: isc_socket_create: not enough free resources
host: isc_socket_create: not enough free resources
host: isc_socket_create: not enough free resources
(..)

Googling for this error I think that the problem is in maximun number
of open sockets, I have increased to "16384" with ulimit command:

$ cat /etc/security/limits.conf
*  hard    nofile  16384
*  soft    nofile  16384

# ulimit -n 16384 ; apachectl restart

But I get the same error ;-(

Is the problem related to simultaneous number of open sockets?
Perhaps the problem is related to another TCP/IP stack thing.. in
this case any advice to solve this problem? There are a lot of
parameters to tune related to TCP/IP in Linux and I'm a novice, Thanks!

Regards,

--
Santi Saez