httpd-users mailing list archives

From Victor Star <gro...@victorstar.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Corrupted source files
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:55:54 GMT
Hi Joshua,

> On 9/24/06, Victor Star <groups@victorstar.com> wrote:

>> write(7, "h\347\16\10\0\0\0\0\320\355\16\0108\362\16\10@\372\16\10"..., 156) = 156
>> writev(16, [{NULL, 135209656}, {"@*\26\10\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\2\0\0\0\1\0\0\0LoadMo"...,
135211888}], 2) = 463

> Looks pretty ordinary except for the above two lines.  Can you try to
> figure out what the descriptor 7 is pointing to, and when it is
> getting opened.  16 is obviously the network connection, but it seems
> like there is garbage getting written to it.

Sorry, but how do I find out? Is this the NODE column of lsof output?
If it is, than here's what I see:
====- 8< -===================================================
# lsof | grep " 7 "
su         1005    root  cwd   VDIR       0,71        512       7 /root
su        41683    root  cwd   VDIR       0,71        512       7 /root
csh       41684    root  cwd   VDIR       0,71        512       7 /root
su        57674    root  cwd   VDIR       0,71        512       7 /root
# lsof | grep " 16 "
lsof      47656    root  txt   VREG       0,71      21836      16 /lib/libkvm.so.3

> These are both associated with the favicon request.  You might try a
> manual request (not from a browser) to just the index2.html file to
> see if it still gets corrupted.  If not, it is probably your 404 error
> handler that is mangling things.

> Joshua.

Best regards,
 Victor