httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Ostberg <...@elvberg.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] http://194.16.84.195 is running on my own Apache 2.2 on my own machine...
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:49:05 GMT
I actually got my domain from Network Solutions...it's like you write
that I can use their DNS. For the domain.com linked to 194.16.84.ยง95.
But I have also email via my present ISP...I reckon I also need to have
a 'mail server DNS' for http://mail.domain.com with Network Solutions or
do I have to set up an own server on my machine (where I have the Apache
2.2)
/dan
On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:12 -0600, Doug McNutt wrote:
> At 00:05 +0200 9/23/06, Dan Ostberg wrote:
> >Next project is to link a .com domain to the static IP 194.16.84.195
> >(which is mine). Do I have to go to an ISP to get hold of a DNS or can I
> >set up my own DNS?
>
> If you got your domain name from Network Solutions you can use their servers as the "authority".
It's an option on their web-based support site.

--
Dan Ostberg
Praestgaarden

You man, be human (Tage Danielsson).