httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Tunstall" <john.tunst...@btinternet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Apache and router-follow up
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:20:47 GMT
Hi. I just realised that I should have mentioned that this is all on Windows XP.

JohnT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Tunstall
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:17 AM
  Subject: Apache and router

  Hi. I have a problem!

  I am using Apache along with a software system on a server at a club. The system is accessed
over Internet to make bookings. There is a router in between the club LAN and the Internet.
There is a static IP address for the server. The first message from the Internet to the club
that activates two introductory screens works fine and you will see an example with amended
- for security reasons -  IP addresses below. The first interaction from the customer, when
booking details are sent to the server over Internet, causes the http IP address to change
to that of the router after which the booking sequence falls over because the server can no
longer be accesed over Internet.

  USING WEB ADDRESS

  First screen

  http://www.xxx.

  2ndscreen

   http://www.xxx/cgi-bin

  3rd screen where problem begins and router IP address is substituted

  http://192.168.0.2/cgi-bin/ai

  4th screen etc - problem remains

  http://192.168.0.2/cgi-bin/ai

  USING IP ADDRESS (Amended for security reasons)

  First screen

   http://86.13.8.7/

   2nd screen

  http://86.13.8.7/cgi-bin/ai

   3rd screen etc

  http://192.168.0.2/cgi-bin/ai

  My question. Is this an Apache config problem or a Router setting problem or both or neither?
  What is the solution?

  Thanks for any help
  John Tunstall