httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Brooks" ...@stephenbrooks.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Can I modify the page query string?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:25:51 GMT
I've got a hosted Apache server without mod_rewrite and am editing an
.htaccess file.
I want to do something like this:

RedirectMatch ^/muon1/banner_(.*)\.jpg$
http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/banner.php?user=$1

...so that filenames such as /muon1/banner_me.jpg are served by the script
/muon1/banner.php?user=me on stephenbrooks.org (my server).

However, the above rule escapes the question mark into a %3f, interpreting
the whole thing as the URL and the complaining a file with a question mark
in its name is not found!  I played with:

SetEnv QUERY_STRING <something>

...and various conditional rules for a while, but haven't had much success.
In fact, I don't even seem to be able to set the query string in a way that
a PHP script will pick up.  Does Apache even allow this?  (Relatedly, does
this require mod_rewrite?)
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

    -Stephen