httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Hall" <dh...@utrs.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules?? (short version)
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:55:54 GMT
I have this problem figured out.

I was able to come up with a solution using a combination of mod proxy and
mod rewrite.

I didn't want anyone wasting time on this.

Thanks,

Darren

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Hall [mailto:dhall@utrs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 3:47 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules?? (short version)

I need to manipulate an incoming (and outgoing) url using Apache 2.2.

Essentially, I need to be able to receive an incoming request with a url
looking like www.domain.com/home/about/index.jsp and re-write it by
inserting an extra path element like so
-www.domain.com/extra/home/about/index.jsp (notice the new "extra" after the
domain) then proxy the request on to Tomcat. When the response is received
back from Tomcat, I need to rewrite the url back to its original form by
removing the extra path information I had inserted on the way in (using
proxy reverse?).

Does anyone know how to accomplish this using Apache 2.2??

Thanks,

Darren