httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martyn" <cha...@ntlworld.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Setting up my own Apache Web Server
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:23:40 GMT
Hi Dan
You could take a look at Apache The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition it takes
you through the steps with Apache from installing to running a website,
although it was published in 2002 I found to be a great help. Another one on
the security side of things I found this one to be good, Apress Hardening
Apache.
By the way where do you get your connection from 16 static ip addresses?
I would be interested to know
Kind regards Chainy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Ă–stberg [mailto:dan@elvberg.com]
Sent: 19 September 2006 11:21
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Setting up my own Apache Web Server

My OS is Fedora Core 5 with Apache 2.2.2 64-bit architecture. I have an
an Internet connection with a static IP address (in fact I can use up to
16 static addresses). As a first step I want to set up a public website
based on static ('dead') HTLM pages (later on dynamic pages). Anybody
know about a good HowTo or a tutorial/book applicable for my
environment?