httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chidanand Gangur" <chidanand.gan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Scoreboard file not created
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:51:01 GMT
Well I have already tried mod_status. I was under the impression that the
scoreboard file would give me some more information.

To give some more details about my test

I have following server configuration

  Timeout               300
  MaxKeepAliveRequests  500
  KeepAliveTimeout      6
  KeepAlive             On
  MinSpareServers       16
  MaxSpareServers       32
  StartServers          4
  MaxClients            250
  MaxRequestsPerChild   500

My test is:

I fire http request using curl form a simulated set up. these request are
fired at the rate of 4 request per second. Roughly there are 240 requests in
60 seconds.

With this kind of set up I see apache reaching to the MaxClient Limit and
things going.

with KeepAliveTimeout as 6 why are the process not recovering?

I would appreciate your help to understand this scenario.