httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jens Theisen <jens-theisen-tm...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: how to customise response to OPTIONS request?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:08:30 GMT
Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> What do you mean by "add basic webdav functionality" to a cgi app?

I mean implement a level 1 webdav server with a cgi interface. A
PROPFIND, for instance, would be served by the cgi application in the
same way the GET and POSTs already are.

> You may be able to get away with allowing mod_dav to control a particular directory and
leaving cgi everywhere else, depending on what exactly you're trying to do.

I don't think that will work. WebDAV gives the contents of directories
recursively. Whichever URI you give to a WebDAV client must support the
DAV header on an OPTIONS request (though not all clients bother, but
windows is). A PROPFIND on that resource needs to tell even about
grandchildren rather than only direct subdirectories. Thus, mod_dav
would at least need to serve all the properties I think and in
particular have knowledge about all the content.

I found someone's posting on an apache list who was trying to do the
same thing, and he wasn't helped either. I suppose it's patching apache
or forget the cgi approach with it.

Cheers,

Jens