httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: Proxy config not acting as expected
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:21:21 GMT
On 8/14/06, sniedermeyer@cob.org <sniedermeyer@cob.org> wrote:

> Please delete last email...this one has more accurate information.....
>

> I have an Apache 2.2.2 server set up to reverse proxy and am having some
> problems.
>
> Here's the config:
>
> ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.1
> ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.1
>
> The intent is to redirect everything hitting / to a back end server.   The
> backend server is a Domino server.  The static files hosted on the Domnio
> server are being reverse proxied correctly as well as most of the dynamic
> pages.  However, when I try to access one of our Domino web applications,
> it has the following results:
>

> Without the reverse proxy server in the way the resulting address looks
> like this:
>
> http://www.cob.org/cob%5Cbid.nsf/(bidswww)/77B-2006?OpenDocument&vc=301822&
>
> With the reverse proxy server in the way I get a 404 error and the
> resulting address looks like this:
>
> http://192.168.1.2
> /cob/bid.nsf/frmWebSignUp?OpenForm&Seq=1&bid_number=77B-2006
>
> Here is what the access log on the reverse proxy server shows:
>
> "Post /cob/bid.nsf/frmWebSignUp?OpenForm&Seq=1&bid_number=77B-2006
> HTTP/1.1" 302 - "http://192.168.1.1
> /cob/bid.nsf/frmWebSignUp?OpenForm&bid_number=77B-2006&
> "Get /cob%5Cbid.nsf/(bidswww)/77B-2006?OpenDocument&vc=301822& HTTP/1.1"
> 404 228  "http://192.168.1.1
> /cob/bid.nsf/frmWebSignUp?OpenForm&bid_number=77B-2006&"
>

> I thought by having the proxypass and proxypassreverse in place at the site
> root level, it would handle any subdirectories for the entire site.  Any
> idea why this isn't working?

I don't know what the exact problem is, but you have a link on your
site that looks lik
<A HREF="/cob\bid.nsf/(addendumwww)/E7E11238DF126EA3882571BC00616F45?OpenDocument">

Notice the backslash, which is getting translated into %5C in the URL.
 It seems like Lotus domino is handling this differently than apache.
I'm not sure who is right, but in either case, using a backslash in
the URL is not a good idea.

Joshua.